A local movie company will hold a cast and crew call-out from 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 26, at the Allen County Public Library in downtown Fort Wayne.
Windsong Pictures is looking for bands, musicians, singers, dancers, actors, artists and technically oriented students and adults for two family-friendly productions in 2017. Windsong has operated as a nonprofit, educational motion picture company since 1975.
In “Musical Movie Magic,” a core group of actors travels throughout the region scouting for musical and dancing talent that perform in the area. Their goal is to highlight the top performers and air them on social media to help rocket them to fame and success. “This highly entertaining film will showcase talent and be a mega music video hit parade,” Windsong said in a statement.
The short film “Cinderella” will feature children at the title character’s magic castle and in a secret enchanted forest with friendly animals. “Children of all ages will delight in performing in this fantasy production as good triumphs in the end because love always wins the day,” Windsong said.
Call-outs also are planned at:
• Eckhart Library, Auburn, Tuesday, Feb. 7, 6:30-7:45 p.m.;
• Kendallville Library, Kendallville, Wednesday, Feb. 8, 7-8:30 p.m.
• Carnegie Public Library, Angola, Wednesday, Feb. 22, 6:30-8 p.m.
• Peabody Library Auditorium, Columbia City, Tuesday, Feb. 28, 6:30-8 p.m.
• LaGrange County Public Library, LaGrange, Tuesday, March 7, 6:30-8 p.m.
Michael Floyd is the executive producer of Windsong. For more information, visit WindsongPictures.com.