Science Central is hosting six Special Abilities Days throughout 2017 with funding from AWS Foundation. The first Special Abilities Day of 2017 was held on Jan 18.
Modifications to traditional programming that make science education accessible for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities include:
- Light and sound reduction in some areas.
- Higher light levels in areas that are usually dark.
- Access to listening devices.
- A less crowded environment free from unnecessary distractions.
- Extra staff on hand; and
- Additional demonstrations with extra tactile stimulation.