KPC News Service
The Downtown Improvement District announced that Mother’s Day Downtown will return 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 13.
Again this year, local restaurants and retailers will offer Mother’s Day specials, and there will be several Mother’s Day activities downtown.
Also returning are the trolleys, with the Arts United Center being the main hub, according to a release from the DID. Also new this year, Lutheran Health Network will be operating two LHN Mother’s Day Shuttles, 1-4 p.m., “for even more transportation capacity and convenience,” according to the release from DID.
For more information, visit //downtownfortwayne.com/mothers-day-downtown/.
Participating locations and activities include (all times are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless otherwise noted):
• Arts United Center, 303 E. Main St.: Main trolley hub, activities throughout the day
• Paradigm Gallery at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art, 311 E. Main St., noon-5 p.m.: Museum open, 10 percent off purchases at Paradigm Gallery
• Fort Wayne Ballet, at the Arts United Center, 303 E. Main St.: Pictures with mom, show moves by a ballerina
• Fort Wayne Youtheatre, in the Auer Black Box Theatre, 300 E. Main St., 2-3 p.m.: Performance of “A Grimm Mothers’ Tale.” Tickets are $5.
• Park Place on Main, 200 E. Main St.: Special Mother’s Day brunch and dinner menus. Reservations recommended.
• Pembroke Bakery &Café, inside the Auer Center at 300 E. Main St.: Free vegan/gluten-free chocolate truffle for moms with purchase (while supplies last).
• Sharon’s Victorian House, 634 W. Berry St.: Cookies and fruit punch for all visitors, hand-painted cards for all mothers
• Third World Fair Trade Shoppe, 611 W. Wayne St.: 10 percent off all in-stock handcrafted and gourmet coffees, teams and chocolates
• Outer Grace Boutique, 511 W. Wayne St.: 10 percent discount storewide, refreshments while shopping
• Smiley’s Joy, 503 W. Wayne St.: 10 percent off all purchases and a special gift for mom (while supplies last)
• The Real McCoy Vintage &Restorations: 515 W. Wayne St. (rear of Carriage House): 10 percent off everything a gift for mom (while supplies last)
• Trinity English Lutheran Church, 450 W. Washington Blvd., noon-5 p.m.: Enjoy the Cloister Garden, where volunteers will be happy to take a picture of moms and their families
• Idlehour Boutique, 526 W. Jefferson Blvd.: Entire store is buy one item, get one item 50 percent off; special bracelets for the first 20 visitors
• House of Furniture, 537 W. Jefferson Blvd.: Each mom will receive a special gift (while supplies last)
• Redmaster Fusion, 537 W. Jefferson Blvd., 2nd floor (inside House of Furniture): A special gift for mom (while supplies last)
• Rudy’s, 409 W. Brackenridge St., 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Free samples of Indiana wine and DeBrand chocolate
• Northern Indiana Passenger Rail Association, Baker Street Train Station, 221 W. Baker St.: Family-friendly Passenger Rail Expo celebrating rail transportation. There will be games, activities, crafts, music, food and speakers. Enter to win a Chicago-themed travel just for mom.
• Courtyard Fort Wayne, 1150 S. Harrison St., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Annual Mother’s Day Brunch. Mothers will receive a flower, fresh mimosas or Bellini and shrimp cocktail. RSVP preferred, some seating available.
• The Embassy Theatre, 125 W. Jefferson Blvd.: Club Soda will be offering a buffet from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the two-level ballroom. Reservations required. At 2:30 p.m. there will be a screening of “Frozen.” Guests may sing along and dress as their favorite characters. Before the movie, musical selections will be played on the Grande Page pipe organ.
• Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, 1100 S. Calhoun St., noon-4 p.m.: Moms get in free and receive a gift plant (while supplies last)
• Features at the Hilton, 1020 S. Calhoun St., 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.: Breakfast buffet from 7 a.m. to noon. 25 percent gift vouchers will be available on the trolleys (while supplies last)
• Starbucks at the Hilton, 1020 S. Calhoun St., 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.: $2 Grande beverage vouchers to those in attendance of Mother’s Day Downtown
• Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 224 W. Wayne St. (street level of Skyline Tower): Moms receive a dessert treat (while supplies last)
• Allen County Public Library, 900 Library Plaza: marble magnets in the teens department between 1-4 p.m., homemade Mother’s Day card in the children’s department from noon-5 p.m., Mother’s Day gift making from 2-3:30 p.m.
• Visit Fort Wayne, 929 S. Harrison St.: Reusable shopping tote with a $15 purchase
• The Find, 133 W. Wayne St., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: 10 percent off everything in the store
• DeBrand Fine Chocolates, 878 Harrison St. (inside Ash Skyline Plaza), 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Free tasting bar of your choice with any $20 purchase
• The City Exchange Shops, 127 W. Wayne St.: Individual shops will be running their own unique promotions and deals
• Kamylle’s Spa Bar, 122 W. Wayne St., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Free chair massage, enter to win a spa package valued at $250, save 10 percent off all pre-purchased services for this day, free gift with purchase
• Caliente Cuban Café, 120 W. Wayne St., 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Moms eat 20 percent off, 50 percent off if accompanied by son or daughter
• City View Café, 101 E. Washington Blvd. (13th floor of the Indiana Michigan Power Center), 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Brunch buffet. Reservations required.
• Abigail’s Confections, 236 E. Wayne St., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Free sugar cookie with any purchase of $5 or more. Free samples and drinks will be available.
• Cinema Center, 437 E. Berry St.: Special treats and beverages to celebrate mom. Film “Mermaids” will begin at noon.
• Don Hall’s Gas House, 305 E. Superior St., noon-9 p.m.: Complimentary mimosas for all moms. Reservations recommended.
• Takaoka, 305 E. Superior St., 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Complimentary mimosas for all moms. Reservations recommended.