FORT WAYNE — Kickstart Festival, a month-long celebration of bikes, music, art and theatre, will feature nearly 30 events throughout the month of May.
Most of the events presented through the Kickstart Festival are free, but some events charge a ticket or registration price.
The events are listed and described in more detail on the Kickstart Festival website, www.kickstartfortwayne.com. Some events require registration and links can be found on the Kickstart Festival website.
Here a few highlights of the bicycling events in and around the month of May:
• May 5: Parkview Trauma Center will present a free kids’ helmet giveaway at the Parkview Safety Store.
• May 8: Fort Wayne Community Schools will celebrate National Bike to School Day at Price Elementary.
• May 12, Bicycle Friendly Fort Wayne will present Cyclofemme, a touring ride celebrating and supporting women and cycling, starting from Tillman Park.
• May 18: Fort Wayne Youtheatre will present “Rapunzel” at the Arts United Center.
• June 1: The Eighth Annual Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle tour will begin on Main Street on the Arts United campus and will include a post-race celebration with food, drink and live entertainment in downtown Fort Wayne.
• June 1: Le Tour de Fort will again take to the streets of Fort Wayne for the 12th annual tour of Fort Wayne’s finest establishments beginning at the Irish Pub, all to support services for disabled veterans.